News BulletsBy Christian
November 1, 2000 - 11:23 PM
- A new German translation, this time of the Cynic's review of DS9's 'Valiant' has been posted over at the Cynic's Corner.
- AIL NewMedia Publishing just announced that it is now distributing the 'Star Trek: S.C.E.' eBook-only series via their web site, newmediapublishing.com. Their press release doesn't show much awareness about the series, as it mislabels it 'Star Trek: S.E.C' and says it deals with the Starship Corps of Engineers, not the Starfleet Corps.
- AntonyF at Fandom's Star Trek Central has written an article about online Star Trek shopping in the United Kingdom, dealing especially with the high prices asked by the online store of television station Sky One.
- The official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage has posted 20 photos of Jeri Ryan hosting the 40th Anniversary screening of 'The Time Machine', last June at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles.
- As already mentioned in the Site Columns, today Fandom.com announced it has acquired both the print as well as the online version of Cinescape Magazine. Earlier this year, Fandom already bought AnotherUniverse.
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has updated the Voyager Syndication schedule with reruns through the end of November, including the first syndication reruns of Voyager's sixth season. The episode repeats will air in an unusual order, as explained on Psi Phi's What's New page.
- Reuters is reporting that Viacom, parent company of both Paramount and UPN, may be taking over BET Holdings, a media company company focused at African-Americans. With UPN's Monday Night comedy block, the company is already focusing strongly on this demographic, and adding the Black Entertainment cable network to this would even further enhance Viacom's strong position among minorities. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga!
- TrekWeb has put up several new features related to the upcoming 'Star Trek Special' comics one-shot by Wildstorm, including a listing of the tales included in the comics and interviews with artists Steve Lieber and Jeff Lang.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.