News BulletsBy Christian
August 1, 2000 - 10:42 PM
- Cable channel VH1 has sent out a new press release about 'At Any Cost', a new original movie also starring Cyia Batten (Ziyal, DS9). The release contains a full synopsis of the film about a rock band, which premieres on the 16th of August. Batten will also soon appear as Irina in 'Drive', the third episode of Voyager's final season.
- Mr. Video Productions has posted a rather disturbing announcement on his site. Apparently, he recently received several letters from a law firm representing 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros., demanding that he remove all promo material for those companies' shows from his sites. Though this does not apply to his Star Trek material, it could theoretically be a threat to the site as a whole, and is of course very similar to the Great Viacom Shutdown from a few years ago. For more info on this, please follow this link.
- StarTrek.com is reporting about several Trek alumni who can be seen in new movies opening this week. Firstly, James Cromwell (Zefram Cochrane, and a thousand other Trek roles) appears as Bob Gerson in 'Space Cowboys'. Secondly, 'Primary Suspect', opening this weekend in LA and New York, features Tim Ryan (Bejal Otner, 'Rejoined') and John Fleck (Kovak, 'Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges'). More on these movies and the actors can be found here.
- Decipher, the publisher of the official Star Trek Customisable Card Game, has posted the list of 10 winners who will be receiving a CCG expansion set after filling in their recent customer survey. They've also posted the schedule of an upcoming promotion tour through the United Kingdom.
- According to the Internet Movie Database, Brent Spiner (Data) has a role in a film called Dude, Where's My Car? about two guys who wake up and can't find their car. I'm not joking. Thanks go out to Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans! for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.