TNG Season 4 DVD Details RevealedBy Christian
July 2, 2002 - 12:04 AM
Online retailer Amazon.com recently revealed the first details of the upcoming DVD box set of The Next Generation's fourth season, scheduled for release on the 3rd of September.
Containing popular episodes such as 'The Best of Both Worlds, Part Two,' ''Reunion' and 'The Drumhead,' the fourth season would seem to offer no shortage of good episodes to feature in special DVD supplements. Indeed, one of the featurettes on the DVD will be a look at some of the season's best episodes and characters, including comments by writers Ronald D. Moore, Brannon Braga and Jeri Taylor. Below is a full list of the supplements included in the set:
- Mission Overview - Highlights in this mini-documentary include a look at the challenges in resolving the third-season Borg cliffhanger, a celebration featuring Gene Roddenberry of TNG's 100th episode, and "a whimsical look" at the Robin Hood episode 'Q-Pid.'
- Selected Crew Analysis - In this installment of the crew analysis, attention is paid to Wesley Crusher's departure, to the cast's experience performing stunts, and to two-time guest star Jennifer Hetrick (Vash).
- Departmental Briefing - Fans interested in the way TNG episodes were produced can look at a feature on directors Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker), Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) and David Livingston, while this segment also includes a makeup section featuring Brent Spiner (Data).
- New Life and New Civilizations - This segment again looks at 'The Best of Both Worlds,' examining its visual effects work, but also provides an inside look at the creeation of alien landscapes and at location shooting.
- Chronicles from the Final Frontier - In this aforementioned feature, writers Moore, Braga and Taylor look at some of the year's most special episodes.
As usual, the special features will be available on the final DVD in the seven-disc box set, with the other DVDs containing the actual episodes of the fourth season. The episodes will be presented in both Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, and will feature subtitles and closed captioning.
The DVD box set will be released on the 2nd of September, but can now already be pre-ordered at a discounted price at Amazon.com - the DVD will then be shipped to you free of charge when it is released. European fans can also pre-order the Region 2 version of the set at Amazon.de, who will release the DVDs on the 26th of September.
Thanks go out to Dark Horizons for this!