Site ColumnsBy Caillan
June 1, 2003 - 7:17 AM
Well, it's the Sunday before the last official week of semester, and my room's a mess, covered with notes, articles (some useful, others not quite so useful) and half-opened books. Of course, burdened with all this pressure, what to I do?
- Play Civilization III
- Surf the Internet aimlessly
- Read Lives of the Later Caesars (Alas, although that may sound relevant, it's not)
- Play Solitaire
- Read newspapers
- Write Site Columns
I'm am getting there - it's just going to take a while. Especially since I'm now about to go and cook dinner.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Did you buy the "Broken Bow" paperback reprint?
- Is 3-D chess a real game?
- Wish Rene Auberjonois a happy birthday!
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items in early June, 2001:
- Mulgrew Thanks The Female Fans
At a convention in Cleveland, Ohio, Kate Mulgrew paid tribute to the female Trek fan base. "I want to say to every woman, and to every mother with a daughter at her side," she said, "that if it weren't for your steadfast support for this show and its female captain, it would never have been as successful as it was."
- Paramount Opens 'Voyager' Emmy Site
Paramount Pictures launched a 'For Your Consideration' web site for all its television programmes, including Star Trek: Voyager. The site featured clips from two Voyager episodes: "Workforce, Part I" and "Imperfection".
- Site Columns
I was "deliriously happy" that a third Civilization computer game had been announced.
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks if you will be watching Jake 2.0 after Enterprise next season.
- Friday, May 30 was the 50th birthday of Colm Meany, who played Chief O'Brien on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- May 30 was also the birthday of Michael Piller, who turned 55. Piller was executive producer of The Next Generation, and co-creator and executive producer of Deep Space Nine and Voyager.
- Today is the 63rd birthday of Rene Auberjonois, who played Security Chief Odo on Deep Space Nine.