News BulletsBy Caillan
March 1, 2003 - 1:32 PM
- The Star Telegram has praised the performance of Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko) in the play Paul Robeson. The newspaper said the actor "rose to the challenge majestically" with his "towering bass-baritone voice." Thanks to 'OdoGoddess' for this!
- Gisele La Roche has posted her review of "Future Tense" over at StarfleetCom.net, awarding the episode a B plus grade.
- Bill Williams has reviewed Surak's Soul at TrekWeb. Here's an excerpt from his analysis:
In the past, [J.M. Dillard] wrote complex stories that explored the rich tapestry of the Trek legacy. However, with Surak's Soul the attempt is sincere, but the execution rather short. At just 218 pages, the novel plays like an average episode of the series.
The novel was given 2 out of 5 in the complete analysis.
- James Swallow, who pitched two stories to Voyager which eventually became the episodes "One" and "Memorial", has opened his official web site.
- According to StarTrekUK, Sky One will be airing all its programmes, including Enterprise, in widescreen later this summer.
- BBC2 will air Voyager's "Flesh and Blood, Part I" this Tuesday, according to Starfleet. [Correction: According to BBC2's schedule, it is actually a TNG episode which will be shown on Tuesday. Thanks to Adam Walker!]
- StarfleetCom.net is giving away an Art Asylum Enterprise Phase Pistol and Communicator toy set here.