Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 1, 2001 - 3:07 PM
Well, tonight I remember I had something very witty to start off my site columns withÖ but Iíve forgotten. Couldnít really have been all that great then, hey? Itís probably something to do with the heat Ė I donít normally notice the heat that much Ė and when I do, I tend to sit on or in front of the air conditioner, but Iím really rather surprised to discover just how much heat three PCís generate in a room with only a fan.
In other news, Iím still not a happy trekkie right now, and Iíve come to the conclusion that my current level of happiness is inversely proportional to the amount of ĎHuman Errorí spoilers that I read. This, I suppose, could be rather easily solved by me stopping reading them, but, unfortunately from my personal standpoint, Christian (whom I swear will be on full-time promo-transcribing for Series V or else!) is busy working behind the scenes, leaving yours truly stuck wading ankle deep through icky spoilers about my favourite pairing Ė or itís quite possibly soon-to-be lack of. But the other day I did manage to find something to cheer me up Ė a wonderfully hilarious bit of fan fiction over at the alt.startrek.creative newsgroup. Itís called ĎJust Plain Meaní by monkee and, though itís defiantly not something for the kiddies, itís a great tonic for anyone feeling put-out by the potential of Seven and Chakotay getting together, or really for anyone who's in need of a laugh.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, on Monday, March 1st 1999, these were some of the headlines of the day:
More headlines can be found in the TrekToday archives!
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Ok, I'm not commenting on the results here - but it's good to see that more and more of you out there realise how right I truely am. ;),
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing TOS's 'By Any Other Name' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' at 4am and DS9's 'Inquisition' at 5am (listings incomplete)
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Hippocratic Oath' at 1700 Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, NET5 will show Voyager's 'Caretaker' at 1840 while VOO will show DS9's 'Broken Link' at 1715 Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV channel TV1 will show DS9's 'Battle Lines' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing TOS episode, 'Operation Annihilate!' at 5pm
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Equinox' at 4am, DS9's 'In the Cards' at 5am, TOS's 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's 'The Next Phase' at 12pm, DS9's 'A Call to Arms' at 5pm and Voyager's 'Survival Instinct' at 10pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Indiscretion' at 1700 (repeat at 0030) Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Das Mahnmal' at 2015