News BulletsBy Amy
February 1, 2001 - 10:22 AM
- William Shatner (Kirk) will be hosting the 50th Anniversary Miss USA Pageant which will air Friday, March 2 at 9pm EST on CBS. It's something of a case of life imitating art as one of Shatner's most recent priductions, 'Miss Congeniality', saw him play the host of a beauty pageant. Thanks go out to Carl Stark for the tip.
- The 'X-Men' movie, starring Patirck Stewart (Picard) has been nominated not one, not two, but nine times in the Blockbuster Awards, including one for Stewart himself as 'Favorite Actor in a Science Fiction Movie'.
- 'Star Trek : First Contact' will premiere on terrestrial UK tv on BBC1 on Thursday 8th Febrary at 8.00 pm.
- Also, according to Patrick Stewart's (Picard) official site, UK satellite channel UK Drama will be airing a re-run of the 1976 classic mini-series 'I, Claudius', starring Stewart. It will at at 9pm on February nine.
- Voyager's EMH Mark II, Andy Dickhas begun rehabilitation after pleading guilty in 1999 to possession of drugs after he knocked down a utility pole with his car that year.
- 'Alien Voices', Leonard Nimoy (Spock) and John de Lancie's multimedia production company, has entered into an alliance with audio recording and post-production studio, Atlantis Group, Inc. The two companies have worked together since the 1996 inception of 'Alien Voices'. You can read the original press release by following this link.
- Scarlett Pomers (Naomi Wildman) is set to appear a new tv series, tentativly titled 'Sally'. Scarlett whas been cast as the daughter of the show's star, country singer Reba McIntire. You can read the original report here.
- Marlon Esracio Pagtakhan, the man up charges for allegedly stalking Voyager actress Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), has pleaded 'not guilty' to pleaded not guilty to eight criminal counts, including two of stalking and six of writing a "threatening letter for extortion". The original report can be found here, thanks to E!Online.
- Screen Actors Guild Nominations are out, but aside from one or two actors with previous Trek roles (such as 'Frasier's' Kelsey Grammer), Star Trek appears to have earned no nominations.
- There's a report, including photo, over at Fandom.com's STC looking at Marina Sirtis' (Deanna Troi) upcoming role in UK tv show, Casualty.
- Psi Phi's Books Database has been updated with a tentative January-May 2002 publication schedule.
- The profile for Lt. Ezri Dax, fifth in the profile series thus far, has been added to Psi Phi's DS9 Relaunch section.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.