News BulletsBy Caillan
January 1, 2003 - 11:02 AM
- The British 'Nemesis' web site recently opened, featuring downloadable ringtones, logos and animations.
- A Zap2it article looking at box office performance in 2003 has included 'Nemesis' among the year's disappointments. "The film's low performance could snuff out one of the most profitable franchises in film history," the site said. Thanks to Doug Wilson for this!
- Television Without Pity's 'Keckler' has posted her review of 'Star Trek Nemesis.' "It might be because, as I mentioned above, we don't go to a whole lot of movies and there's that whole magic thing that works on me when the lights go down, the screen gets slightly bigger, and surround sound takes over, but I was not disappointed by Nemesis," she wrote. The full review, in which the film was awarded an A grade, can be found here.
- The BBC's Neil Smith has posted his review of 'Nemesis,' calling it "a movie that blandly goes where too many Star Trek pictures have gone before." The film was awarded a score of 2 out of 5 in the complete analysis. Thanks to Stuart Ross for this!
- 'Star Trek Nemesis' will be released in Austria and Switzerland on January 17 and January 23, respectively, TrekZone.de reported. Thanks to 'Xialorus' for this!
- According to American Dream Comics, the 'Away Team' Dr. Phlox action figure will be available this month as a Toys "R" Us exclusive. The figure can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com.
- An article comparing Star Trek and Star Wars spaceships is up at the Toronto Star. Thanks to 'Enterpriser' for this!
- Former UPN executive Dean Valentine and his investment group have bought a 49.9% stake in the Jim Henson Company, according to Reuters. Thanks to Gul Darhe'el for this!
- Russ Haslage, president of the International Federation of Trekkers, was recently interviewed by the Morning Journal. Thanks to 'Enterpriser' for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.