Site ColumnsBy Lisa
January 2, 2002 - 3:49 AM
I'm happy. One of my favourite sites has come back online after closing down some months ago. BigMog.com is a great place for video game music in Mp3 format and a great internet radio station playing game music too. And it is run by a Big Moogle. Which is just too cool.
I'm also happy to report that Devil May Cry the new game I got for my PS2 is seriously brilliant. The graphics and effects are the best I've seen so far; and a side that's usually awful in games - the voice acting - is actually pretty darn good too. Its a really atmospheric effective game. And it isn't easy. The fighting system uses swords and guns, yes at the same time, which I'm finding a bit bewildering but offers loads more variety and strategy than usual. I think this one is a keeper that won't be heading off to the trading in department any time soon.
Another great little game I've been playing a bit of is Tetrix. It's a Tetris clone, but updated a bit and that's multiplayer. I sense many intriguing possibilities for this game. Ah well. At least it can't be as addictive as Snood. Can it?
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Which ship design is your least favourite?
-Who is Starfleet's greatest hero?
-What is music like in the 24th century?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
On Dec 30, we incorectly refered to the off-road racing legend's name who designed the 24th century vehicle os Ivan Steer. The correct name is Ivan Stewart. We would like to apologise for this error.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Plato's Stepchildren' at 10:00am Eastern Time and Voyager's 'Jetrel' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Cold Fire' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this! Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Darkling' at 18:50 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this! Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (9:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'The Andorian Incident.' Here's how the Official Site describes the episode:
The Enterprise crew pays a friendly visit to an ancient Vulcan spiritual sanctuary, despite T'Pol's concerns that her human colleagues will be an awkward and disruptive presence there. Upon landing, they discover that the monastery has been forcibly taken over by the Andorians, a paranoid and highly excitable race of aliens with a long history of conflict with the Vulcans. Archer soon discovers that the Enterprise crew has gotten in the middle of an interstellar Pandora's Box and now must find a way out.
More information about the episode can be foudn in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Wink Of An Eye' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, with TNG's 'Yesterday's Enterprise' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Captive Pursuit' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Learning Curve' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Operation Annihilate' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Manoeuvres' at 17:00, and BBC2 will show TNG's 'When the Bough Breaks' at 18:45. Sky One will show 'The Wrath of Khan' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing
- In the Netherlands, NET 5 will show Voyager's 'Rise' at 18:45 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!