Episode Title: 'Future Tense'
Episode Number: 216
Synopsis: "Far beyond where any Earth vessel has ventured before, the Enterprise crew is shocked to find a small craft adrift in space that contains what appears to be a human corpse. Trip Tucker and Malcolm Reed discover the craft holds some strange secrets, and the mystery deepens when the Suliban arrive making claim to the salvage. On top of that, Captain Archer is confronted by the Tholians, who also aggressively try to procure the enigmatic vessel."
Written By: Mike Sussman & Phyllis Strong
Directed By: James Whitmore Jr.
- Reportedly features the return of the Suliban, who are anxious to get their hands on a futuristic vessel Enterprise has retrieved. (November 23, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Marks the first appearance of the Tholians since the Original Series episode 'The Tholian Web.' (December 19, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Brannon Braga: "We have another installment of the Temporal Cold War coming up, and the Tholians make a kind of a surprising appearance in that show. We hint that they might be involved somehow as another faction in the Temporal Cold War. So they're not just a species that we meet. They may play a bigger role." (January 23, 2003 - TrekToday)
- UPN Synopsis: "Archer discovers a badly damaged vessel with the body of a human pilot aboard. As he investigates the mystery, Enterprise is attacked by the Suliban and a strange new race of hostile aliens both intent on seizing the enigmatic vessel. Ultimately, Archer learns the vessel is a "spy plane" from the distant future that crash-landed in our century...and he finds himself in the middle of a heated battle in the Temporal Cold War." (January 23, 2003 - TrekToday)
- The crew of Enterprise discover a burnt-out futuristic ship, which both the Suliban and Tholians want to get their hands on. The Enterprise decide to turn the ship over to the Vulcans, but the Suliban pursue Enterprise for the damaged ship. (January 29, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Originally entitled 'Crash Landing.' (February 11, 2003 - TrekToday)
- Michelle Erica Green - The Trek Nation
How would you rate 'Future Tense'?
57.8% - (867
18.9% - (284
Wasn't able to see it
11.6% - (175
Didn't want to see it
3.7% - (56
3.1% - (47
2.7% - (41
1.8% - (28
Read the Review