Previous | Return to the Episode Guide | NextDownload the Promo | Read the Review | Read the Parody
Episode Title: 'Detained'
Episode Number: 121
Synopsis: "While exploring a planet, Archer and Mayweather enter a "military zone" and are detained in an internment prison by an alien race called Tandarans, who are at war with the Suliban. While the Enterprise crew's previous encounters with the Suliban have been disastrous, Archer and Mayweather find themselves sharing a cell with some Suliban detainees who they believe may be wrongly imprisoned."
Original Airdate: April 24, 2002Credits
Rerun: August 21, 2002
Fan Rating: 7.6/10 (Full Poll Results)
Story By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
Teleplay By: Mike Sussman & Phyllis Strong
Directed By: David Livingston
- Rumoured to feature Archer and Mayweather trapped in Gantoris, a detention center set up by a race known as the Mazarites and populated by Suliban. Archer learns that only a small number of Suliban are part of the hostile genetically-engineered group known as the Cabal, but all other Suliban are still being held responsible for the Cabal's actions and locked up. Together with a Suliban father who Archer and Mayweather befriend, they begin to devise a plan to escape from Gantoris. (January 26, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Scott Bakula's Quantum Leap co-star Dean Stockwell will reportedly make a guest appearance in this episode. (February 11, 2002 - TrekToday)
- The Mazarites were renamed the Tandarans in the final script. (February 13, 2002 - TrekToday)
- John Billingsley: "We've got another Suliban episode coming up, but not the temporal Suliban. There are good Suliban in this episode." (February 20, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Brannon Braga: "Dean Stockwell is going to play a big villain opposite Scott Bakula. He runs the prison where the innocent Suliban are being held. Archer and this guy have a series of very philosophical scenes. It seems like the perfect episode to ask Dean Stockwell to do, and he was very generous to agree to do it."
(February 26, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Reportedly features Malcolm Reed assuming the guise of a Suliban to rescue Archer and Mayweather. (February 27, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Scott Bakula: "[When] Archer and Mayweather find themselves in what is in effect a space version of an internment camp surrounded by Suliban they are forced to confront their prejudicial feelings. Obviously this mirrors some of the experiences we've been reading about with regards to encountering Arab-Americans since September 11th."
(March 7, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Dean Stockwell: "The character I'm playing doesn't get killed, so it's a pretty open door for having that character return."
(April 14, 2002 - TrekToday)
- Scott Bakula: "[The Suliban] were being kept in this camp for their own 'protection,' because some of them had been killed. When the genetically enhanced Suliban started their evil ways, they were all lumped together. You might draw some comparisons in today's world."
(April 17, 2002 - TrekToday)
How would you rate 'Detained'?
32.7% - (490
29% - (435
Wasn't able to see it||
15.3% - (230
12.4% - (187
4% - (61
Didn't want to see it||
3.6% - (54
2.7% - (41
Total Votes: 1498