Information we collect about you
In running and maintaining our websites we may collect and process the following data about you:
- General information about your use of our sites including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access through standard website logs. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for our forums.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- General aggregated visitor information about site usage through Google Analytics.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor.
Cookies are used at our forums to allow you to enjoy a customised experience (such as keeping track of what posts you have read).
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. However this will stop our forums working properly if you are a member.
Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads based on your visit to our sites and/or other sites on the internet.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the ads preference manager.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web sites. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our websites, services or goods and products.
The only place that personal information is required and stored is at our forums, and this is limited to your email address. Any further information – such as your real name – is input entirely by your own choice.
Any information you provide in a forum post you are posting openly, with no expectation of privacy, granting us permission to use on our sites how we sit for as long as we see fit. Posts may be stored indefinitely, and while we may consider requests to remove individual posts we are under no obligation to do so.
Messages sent privately via our forum system should not be considered private or secure. We have the ability to review private message content in the event of complaints, and our websites are not hosted on an encrypted connection. We make no claims on the security of our messaging system. As such users should not post anything sensitive or confidential.
Storing your personal data
In operating our websites it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
- To the buyer, in the event that we sell any or all of our business.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
Users may post links on our forums, but we are in no way responsible for their content.
Skimlinks, one of our advertising partner, may automatically add links to forum posts. This does not indicate any form of endorsement by us or the original poster, and the disclaimers in the first paragraph of this section apply.
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of 10 GBP to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.