Yesterday, the 67th Annual Theatre World Awards ceremony was held at the August Wilson Theatre in New York, and amongst the list of winners was Star Trek XI‘s Zachary Quinto.
Quinto was honored for his work in Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes.
Other winners included:
- Ellen Barkin, The Normal Heart
- Desmin Borges, The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity
- Halley Feiffer, The House of Blue Leaves
- Grace Gummer, Arcadia
- Rose Hemingway, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
- John Larroquette, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
- Heather Lind, The Merchant of Venice
- Patina Miller, Sister Act
- Arian Moayed, Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
- Jim Parsons, The Normal Heart
- Tony Sheldon, Priscilla Queen of the Desert
In addition, the third annual Dorothy Loudon Award for Excellence was presented to Seth Numrich of War Horse, and the first annual Lunt-Fontanne Award for Ensemble Excellence goes to the cast of The Motherf**ker with the Hat: Bobby Cannavale, Chris Rock, Annabella Sciorra, Elizabeth Rodriguez and Yul Vázquez.
The Theatre World Awards are “presented annually at the end of the theater season to six actors and six actresses for their significant debut performances in a Broadway or Off-Broadway production.”