Fans of Star Trek trading cards who are original series fans will be pleased with the latest offering from Rittenhouse Archives.
The latest Star Trek trading cards, “Star Trek: The Remastered Original Series Trading Cards,” will be released on January 26.
Eighty-one base cards will be offered with “super-sharp” images taken from the remastered original series DVDs.
Other cards include:
- Eighteen Tribute cards, including characters such as Sarek, Stella Mudd, Commodore Stocker and more.
- Nine Creature cards, including: the Horta, Yarnek, Balok’s puppet and more.
- Nine Ships in Motion lenticular cards including the U.S.S. Enterprise and Galileo Seven.
- Eleven Single-Autograph cards including: George Takei, John Winston (The Immunity Syndrome), Sheila Leighton (Spock’s Brain), Max Kleven (Bread and Circuses) and others with “several Star Trek stars signing for the first time.
- Fifteen Double-autograph cards including ones such as William Shatner/BarBara Luna, Leonard Nimoy/Majel Barrett, Malachi Throne/Sean Kenney, William Campbell/Michael Pataki, Brian Tochi/Melvin Caesar Belli and more, again with several Star Trek stars signing for the first time.
Steven M. Charendoff, president of Rittenhouse Archives, spoke about the card that mean the most to him personally, the ones signed by Majel Barrett Roddenberry and Leonard Nimoy. “Majel signed these cards for us just days before she passed away,” he said. “As far as I know, they were the last official Star Trek items that she ever signed. I had no idea at the time that she was even ill, and for her to do this for us, as she did on several other occasions throughout the twelve years (she’d signed for Rittenhouse), speaks to her own appreciation for and dedication to the Star Trek fans and the franchise itself.”
Cards can be ordered and a checklist can be seen by heading to Scifihobby.com.