The Fourth Annual Constellation Awards ceremony was held several days ago with Star Trek XI winning three awards.
Nominated for five awards in four categories, awards went to the movie, to Bruce Greenwood and to Karl Urban. Zoë Saldana won an award for her work in Avatar.
- Chris Pine. Star Trek
- Jackie Earle Haley. Watchmen
- Karl Urban. Star Trek
- Sam Rockwell. Moon
- Sharlto Copley. District 9
Best Female Performance in a 2009 Science Fiction Film, TV Movie or Mini-Series. Zoë Saldana collected 30% of the vote for her work in Avatar, and 21% of the vote for Star Trek XI, handily beating her rivals in the category.
- Aurora Buchanan. Doctor Who: Victimsight
- Dakota Fanning. Push
- Emma Watson. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Zoë Saldana. Avatar
- Zoë Saldana. Star Trek
Best Science Fiction Film, TV Movie or Mini-Series of 2009. Star Trek XI won with 37% of the vote.
- District 9
- Star Trek
Outstanding Canadian Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television in 2009. Bruce Greenwood received 30% of the vote.
- Amanda Tapping. Producer and actress on Canadian series Sanctuary
- Being Erica. Canadian Production
- Bruce Greenwood. Canadian Actor, Star Trek
- Damian Kindler. Producer/Writer on Canadian series Sanctuary
- Robert J. Sawyer. Canadian creative consultant on the series FlashForward
Source: The Constellation Awards