A new Special Task Force and the twenty-first installment of “Ask Cryptic” are the latest updates from Star Trek: Online.
“Khitomer Accord,” the latest Special Task Force, released this week, and promises continued battle against the Borg.
According to the description of the newest Special Task Force, in “Khitomer Accord” “You cut your teeth during the Borg invasion of the Vega system. … Or did you?
“The Borg seemed unusually weak, unable to adapt and most of their fleet was already seriously damaged. It seems like someone may have got to them first and softened them up, because if the Borg were at full strength that day, you may not have fared so well.
“More questions are being raised as Starfleet intelligence and the Klingon Defense Force have both detected a controlled emission of a massive quantity of chronometric particles in the Vega system. The last time a surge like that was detected, the Borg opened a temporal vortex and attempted to change the history of Earth.
“Travel to Vega to investigate exactly what the Borg are up to, neutralize the temporal anomaly and prevent history from changing forever!”
In the other Star Trek: Online update, the topic of Ask Cryptic is PvP. According to the session:
- Open PvP is planned, but the focus right now is on new instanced games.
- A dueling option or 1 vs. 1 challenge could happen in the future.
- There are no plans for auto grouping.
- A high priority is adding more variety for players when it comes to spending their PvP rewards, such as weapon variants.
- Ten-man teams for upcoming maps will be offered in the future.