Star Trek XI Collects Artios AwardPosted by T'Bonz - 03/11/09 at 10:11 am
At two ceremonies held in New York and Los Angeles yesterday, Star Trek XI was a winner at the 25th Artios Awards for outstanding achievement in casting.
The Artios Awards recognizes originality, creativity and quality in casting in film, television and theater.
Star Trek XI (April Webster, Alyssa Weisberg) was up against Changeling (Ellen Chenoweth,) The Dark Knight (John Papsidera,) Duplicity (Ellen Chenoweth,) and State of Play (Avy Kaufman) for the award in the Big Budget Feature – Drama category.
The winners in the film and television categories were:
- Big Budget Feature-Drama: Star Trek XI (April Webster, Alyssa Weisberg)
- Big Budget Feature-Comedy: Tropic Thunder (Francine Maisler)
- Feature-Studio or Independent Drama/Comedy: Milk (Francine Maisler, Nina Henninger)
- Low Budget Feature-Drama/Comedy: Sunshine Cleaning (Avy Kaufman)
- Animation Feature: Up (Kevin Reher, Natalie Lyon)
- Short Film: Bye Bye Sally (Jason Wood)
- Television Pilot-Drama: True Blood (Junie Lowry Johnson)
- Television Pilot-Comedy: Glee (Robert Ulrich, Eric Dawson, Carol Kritzer, Jim Carnahan)
- Television Series-Drama: Mad Men (Laura Schiff, Carrie Audino)
- Television Series-Comedy: Flight of the Conchords (Cindy Tolan)
- Television Movie: Grey Gardens (Ellen Parks, Robin D. Cook)
- Miniseries: Generation Kill (Alexa L. Fogel)
- Children’s Series Programming: Wizards of Waverly Place (Ruth Lambert, Robert McGee)
- Animation TV Programming: Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World (Gillian O’Neill)
- Daytime Series: General Hospital (Mark Teschner)
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Tags: Artios Award