Star Trek XI Scream 2009 AwardsPosted by T'Bonz - 19/10/09 at 03:10 pm
Star Trek XI had a respectable showing at the Scream 2009 awards this weekend, walking away with a half dozen awards, including the biggest one of all.
Although the vampire shows and movies were popular award choices, Star Trek XI did quite well, picking up at least six of the seventeen nominations for which it was nominated.
Three big awards were for Best Science Fiction Movie, Best Director (J.J. Abrams) and The Ultimate Scream, which is the highest award offered.
Morgan Freeman was the presenter for the Ultimate Scream Award (basically a “Best in Show” award,) and fans were surprised when none other than William Shatner stepped onto the stage to accept the award. “J.J., I’ll handle this,” he said to the winning director, who as seated in the audience. “This movie was big,” said Shatner. “Imagine how big it could have been with me in it. I’ll be waiting for your call.”
For his part, Abrams enjoyed being at the award ceremony. “I feel at home here,” he said. “The people in this audience are the same people we depend on when making these movies.
One oddity about the Scream Awards show is that award presentations weren’t aired if the winner(s) weren’t present to accept. Three Star Trek XI actors were not present but won:
- Best Cameo – Winona Ryder
- Best Actor – Chris Pine
- Fight-to-the-Death Scene of the Year – Zachary Quinto
The categories in which Star Trek XI or its actors lost are listed below, with the except of Holy Sh_t! Scene of the Year and Best Screenplay. For those categories, results have not yet been posted.
- Best Villain. Eric Bana lost out to Alexander Skarsgard of True Blood.
- Best Actress. Zoe Saldana lost out to Megan Fox of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
- Breakout Performance – Female. Saldana lost out to Isabel Lucas of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
- Breakout Performance – Male. Chris Pine lost out to Taylor Lautner of Twilight.
- Best F/X – Star Trek: XI lost out to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
- Best Ensemble – Star Trek XI lost out to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Best Supporting Actor. Simon Pegg and Leonard Nimoy lost out to Ryan Reynolds of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Tags: Scream Awards