Star Trek News BulletsPosted by T'Bonz - 08/02/09 at 01:02 am
Win a Star Trek Wedding, Trek Communicator Phone, Star Trek: Online Team Member, Chekov Fan Tribute, Shatner in the Doghouse
- What’s Happening in Detroit reports that on February 14, Valentine’s Day, visitors to Star Trek: The Exhibition at the Detroit Science Center will have a chance to win a June wedding to be held in the exhibit. Any couple who attends Star Trek: The Exhibition will be entered into an online contest to win the wedding. Photos of each couple will be posted on www.detroitsciencecenter.org from February 16-March 16 and site visitors can vote on the couple they would like to see married in the exhibit. The Star Trek: The Exhibition Ultimate Wedding Package includes private use of the exhibition, reception space at the Detroit Science Center for 200 guests and two night’s accommodations for the wedding couple at the Star Trek suite at the MGM Grand Detroit Hotel and Casino.
- The ultimate Trekkie phone has arrived according to Engaget. A USB powered VoIP/Skype phone has been released that is based on the classic Star Trek Communicator. The must-have fan accessory will be out in stores this April.
- Star Trek: Online has another interview with one of their employees. This time, it is Environment Artist Sam Rucks, who has created the scenery that fans have seen in recently-released screenshots. Rucks creates scenery of worlds, interiors, planet surfaces, buildings and such. Rucks names Captain Kirk as his favorite Star Trek character and if he could choose to be one Star Trek alien, he would be the alien from Species 8472.
- Fans of Pavel Chekov will enjoy an online fan tribute commemorative magazine featuring the Russian-born character. The PDF magazine, as found here, has 124 pages of pictures, articles, and a synopsis of each Star Trek show on which Chekov appeared. There is a list of books and comics in which Chekov was featured.
- UGO has a list of the Top Worf moments, including some fun facts you might not know about the Son of Mogh.
- The Shatner Project has a new video up in which William Shatner explains how he got into trouble when he was a guest photographer for Playboy and neglected to tell his wife about it. “”I didn’t say anything ’cause I thought when the pictures come out in the magazine and they notify me, I’ll tell her then,” explained Shatner. “But they never came out in the magazine, they were always on the website so I thought ‘Well they’re not coming out,’ and one day they came out and I did not prepare Elizabeth for that. All I did was go photograph a girl with no clothes on and then I got out of there. All I did was go click, click, click, click for a while.”
His wife was not happy about it, but Shatner defends himself. ” [I] wanted to take pictures for Playboy. It was like every red-blooded American man’s dream. I was living a dream. A fantasy. And then my wife tore it away from me.”